Thursday, March 26, 2015

Close reading.

The close reading has definitely helped me understand this poem. I never would have understood any meaning at all from this poem, I mean really, it is only 7 words. There is barely anything to use in this poem, but after close reading it, I was able to grasp at least a few concepts behind "Spring and Fall". It could actually have a whole lot of definitions and meanings behind it, hidden in those seven words. It could tell a whole life story, I wouldn't have gotten that before now. I would have just read it and walked away with "alright, that was a nice poem" in my thoughts, but after doing the close reading, I am able to pick out possibly plots in these words. Though I will need a lot more practice with this concept, I feel more prepared to analyze poems after doing the close reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment