Friday, May 29, 2015

Reflection of To Kill A Mocking Bird

     I've never read the book "To Kill a Mockingbird" but after watching this movie, I really want to read it. I was so into it and was very excited to finish it and see what happened to Atticus, Jem, and Scout in the end. All during Atticus' whole trial, I really expected him to win because of how the main characters always win in the end of every one of today's movies, so it really surprised me when they said that Tom Robinson was "guilty as charged".  I could have guessed that he wouldn't win with the amount of racism where they were. But speaking of modern films, with the amount of violence and death we see everyday in movies now, it had me guessing that someone was going to take Atticus out on multiple occasions. For example, both times that Atticus Finch saw Mr. Ewell,  I thought that Ewell would have pulled out a gun and shot him for defending Tom Robinson, but he never did, and when Atticus stood between the mob and Tom at the prison, I also expected someone to shoot Attocus. I guess that says a little bit about today's society. After the Court room when the cop told Atticus that Tom died he said "Tom just ran like a crazy man", that Tom ran, the Deputy called out to him but he didn't stop, the cop shot the would not kill but he missed his arm. That got me a little mad, all I remember thinking was that that was complete crap. They wanted to end the situation so they killed him. That movie was actually amazing and I can't wait to see it all through text.

No comments:

Post a Comment